The best copper electric griddles have a copper titanium coating that has special advantages over other types. But before I tell you what those advantages are, my top pick for copper griddles is the Bella 14606 electric griddle.
Its cooking surface has a copper ceramic coating that is reinforced with titanium, and as a result, it’s more durable, it’s stronger, and cooks faster than other griddles.
This material also has superior nonstick capabilities. Getting your food off the cooking surface after you’re done is much easier with this copper cooking surface than with other types of surfaces. Bella describes this benefit as ‘superior food release’.
Another added advantage is you won’t need to buy any special kitchen utensils for this electric griddle. It’s safe to use utensils made with all kinds of materials such as metal, wood, and plastic utensils. Its cooking surface is resistant to scratching caused by metal utensils, so there’s no risk of damage.
Since griddles heat up to very high temperatures, this temperature can melt plastic utensils. So it’s a breath of fresh air knowing that you can use your existing metal utensils on this griddle’s cooking surface.
The Bella 14606 griddle’s cooking surface is as healthy as a cooking surface can get. It contains no harmful chemicals such as Cadmium and Lead.
If you’re one that regularly burns food on their griddle, this is the right griddle for you. This is because its copper coating is heat resistant (up to 850 degrees).
Therefore you could burn food on it all day and still have a much easier time getting the burnt food off the cooking surface compared to other types of surfaces.
The cooking surface also heats evenly, and since this is a family sized griddle, the surface is large enough to cook large meals for a family.
The Bella 14606 electric griddle has a high performance 1500 watt heating system, built in ledge with backstop so you can easily flip pancakes, and cool-touch handles.
It also has a temperature dial on its removable probe for controlling cooking temperature, and is available in 3 different sizes. This one is the family sized 10.5″ x 20″ electric griddle. The other available sizes are 12″ x 12″ and 12″ x 16″.
BELLA 14606 Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to make grilled cheese sandwiches on this Bella griddle? Yes, it’s absolutely possible, and it’s very good at it. You can also cook eggs, salmon, lamb chops, steaks, burgers, and more.
2. Is the copper ceramic coating PTFE and PFOA free? Yes, according to Bella, the cooking surface of this griddle is free of those chemicals.
3. Why does Bella recommend against using spray oil with this griddle? This is because it’s not needed. Food simply slides all over the cooking surface without any spray oil. Spray oil can also build up on the surface and make your food sticky.
4. Do I need to season this griddle before using it? No, you don’t. The griddle’s manual has clear instructions on how to get it ready for use the first time you take it out of the box.
5. Does it have special settings for simmering and is it smokeless? Yes, the manual has all the cooking instructions you need to get maximum value out of this electric griddle – and it is an indoor smokeless griddle.
BELLA 14606 User Reviews
This is an excellent griddle and it’s just what I needed. I prefer electric griddles that have actual degrees on their temperature dials rather than high, medium, and low settings.User Review
It’s durable, it’s easy to clean, and its temperature dial was very accurate when I tested its accuracy using a thermometer.User Review
After 6 months of use, the cooking surface and entire griddle look no different from when I first used it.User Review
Overall, the Bella 14606 is the perfect copper electric griddle to grill your favorite meats, whip up a nice breakfast, and more. If you follow the instructions in the manual carefully, you won’t have any issues with this griddle. Click here to check its current price.